Effective date: November 2, 2020
For California Consumers
If you are a California Consumer, please review the Fetch Rewards™ Privacy Notice for California Consumers Fetch Rewards™ Privacy Notice for California Consumers, which applies to you.
What Information does Fetch Collect?
Information You Provide Us
The information we collect varies depending on the type of activity you are performing and helps us provide you the products and services you request, personalize and improve your experience and allows us to provide you with opportunities to learn about products and services that may interest you. We collect the following Personal Information from or about you:
- Birth Date (Fetch does not knowingly collect information from anyone under the age of 18.)
- Email Address
- Billing Address
- Shipping Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Your friends' names and email address when you send messages or links to a friend through this Website. When you use this feature you are telling us that you are entitled to use the information that you provide to us. We will only use that information in the context in which you provided it to us
- For Digital Receipt Program ("eReceipts") participants only: consumer account or email log-in credentials and any personal information contained on digital receipts
- Other information you provide us
Social Media Login
Other Information We Collect When You Use Our Website or App
Our Website or App collects certain information automatically about you and your use of our Website or App and services that does not necessarily personally identify you, your interactions with us and information regarding the device you use to access our Website or App (collectively “Other Information”). This information includes:
- User Submissions (as defined in the Terms)
- Date of Birth
- IP address
- Unique device ID
- App usage information, including but not limited to:
- Details about products you have scanned, purchased, searched for or favorited
- Details about rewards earned and redeemed, deals, challenges, discounts, and coupons associated with your account
- Time, duration, and location of your App use
- Other activity logs
- If you participate in Fetch Pay™, we collect your associated debit card transaction information history in order to award you points
We may utilize location services on your mobile device to collect and use location data, including the real-time geographic location of your device. We may obtain the physical location of your device by using satellite, cell phone tower, WiFi, or other technologies or signals. The physical location is used to provide you with a variety of services such as personalized content and/or advertising. We may communicate with you based on your location, and when we do so, we do that through our App's push notifications. We do not use your geo-location as a basis for sending you text or SMS messages. If you do not want to receive push notifications, you can disable that through your Fetch App Settings. We will collect precise real-time geolocation data only if you consent. You may opt out of using location services using your device's functionality to do so, but this may degrade the features and functionality that we can provide. Separate from precise geo-location options, our App [constantly or when the App is being utilized] approximates your device location solely for fraud detection purposes.
Information from Other Sources
We may collect data that is publicly available such as information you have submitted in public forums, including social media platforms. We may also collect information from third parties such as demographic information and other information that can enhance our existing information about you. We use this information to provide you services and to improve the products and services we deliver to you, including to prevent fraud and/or to verify your identity.
Advertiser ID: Fetch Rewards™ (and any third party with whom we have contracted), may gather and use your Advertising Identifier, which is a unique ID assigned to your mobile device for advertising purposes, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, Fetch agrees to not combine, correlate, link, or otherwise associate, the prior Advertising Identifier with the reset Advertising Identifier.
How Does Fetch Use Your Information?
We use your information to provide you our Website, App, and Fetch Rewards™ program which allows you to engage and intentionally interact with our participating brands to acquire points and/or bonus points by purchasing their products. We also use your information to analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our Website and App and the services we provide to you, including our marketing of products and services to you. More specifically, we may use your information:
- Pursuant to your direction to enable you to engage with our participating brands to acquire points from them and otherwise interact with them
- To deliver our products and services to you, including completing and processing your receipts and transactions, processing your points, obtaining Rewards, or engaging in other transactions with us
- To enable you to create an account to conduct transactions and otherwise interact with us and our participating brands
- To communicate with you about our program and services, including to respond to your customer service requests or respond to any other inquiry or correspondence you send to us
- To present you with marketing relating to our program and services, including promotions, coupons and other offers
- To provide you updates, reminders, or other informational content
- To enable you to participate in a contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or surveys
- To enable you to participate in forums, blogs, and post testimonials. If you provide a testimonial, your name will be publicly posted along with the testimonial. Please remember that blogs and testimonials are located in the public areas of our Website or App. Do not share content that you would not want others to read, save, or share
- To analyze and improve our Website, App, products, and services, including analyzing trends and usage
- To analyze market trends and consumer behaviors for internal business purposes
- To prevent, detect, investigate, or remediate security or other legal concerns, including fraud
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of us our users, or any other person or the copyright-protected content of our Website
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements, or respond to subpoenas or government requests
- To fulfill any other purpose for which your provide it or consent
Digital Receipt Program
We use the information you provide us in connection with our Digital Receipt Program (Titled "eReceipts" in the Services) to provide you points relating to receipts you receive electronically. The Digital Receipt Program allows you to link other email accounts or digital consumer accounts to your Fetch account, as directed by you, through the use of your login credentials to that account(s) so that Fetch, as your agent, can retrieve purchase information from digital receipts in your digital consumer account or email. In processing your Digital Receipts, Fetch may retrieve Personal Information such as billing address, mailing address, name, payment method, and other information contained in the Digital Receipt email. The account credentials that you enter for these accounts are not stored with Fetch, but are stored on your device through appropriate secure methods, such as Keychain. Fetch may scan for any data believed to be a receipt in those email accounts or the linked consumer account.
- For Gmail Users-We use information collected through your participation in our eReceipts program from your Gmail account only to provide you points for your purchases on behalf of our participating brands and to improve user-facing features on the App or Website such as letting you know ways to earn points or bonus points. We do not share your information that is received through Google Gmail APIs with third parties other than those service providers as necessary to support functions we need to operate our eReceipts program, for legal or security reasons, or as part of an acquisition or liquidation. We do not use, share, or transfer the information we receive through Google Gmail APIs with market research firms or to serve you ads, including retargeting, personalized, or interest-based advertising.
How Does Fetch Share Your Information?
In operating our business and working to provide you the best products and services, unless specified otherwise elsewhere, we may share your information in the following ways:
- With our participating brands—When you use our App and participate in our program, you direct us to provide information you provide us by registering and earning rewards to all participating brands who provide points in our Program and who will engage with you and use your personal information in accordance with their privacy policies.
For a list of our participating brands, click here.
In addition, by uploading receipts, redeeming a Special Offer, participating in a Challenge, or taking a Survey offered by a Partner, you are using Fetch Rewards™ to intentionally interact with our participating brands who provide points in our Program.
Fetch does not share your Phone number with any participating brands. Fore more details about the terms of our Program click here to review our Terms of Service.
- What Value Do You Receive from Participating in Our Program?– Our program allows you to direct us to share your personal information you provide us when registering and earning rewards with all our participating brands so that you can interact with them to earn points. The value you receive in participating in our Program is calculated by and depends on the amount and nature of your interaction with our participating brands to obtain points. If you no longer want to share your personal information with our participating brands, please stop using the Services and delete your account at any time.
- With our service providers—that is, organizations that provide services to support Fetch functions, such as our mail processing company, payment processing companies, and market research firms
- With Business Partners-We operate our Fetch Pay™ Rewards program in conjunction with One Finance, a debit card provider, to enable you to earn points by using your Fetch Pay co-branded debit card. We share information with One Finance in order to operate our Fetch Pay Rewards program.
- With other users as part of the referral program—By providing your referral code or referral link to another user, or by entering a referral code or referral link from another user, you agree that this will form a digital relationship between your accounts, and that your name or other personal information may be shared with that user, either in-app or by our customer support team.
- With third parties for legal or security reasons
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- With third parties as part of an acquisition or liquidation
- We are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, corporate divestiture, reorganization, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company or if we undergo liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings, we may share your information in connection with such transaction or proceeding before and or after the transaction closes or the proceedings are completed.
- With your consent—We may share information in other ways if you give us consent or direct us to do so.
How We Use and Share De-identified and/or Aggregated Information
Personal Information and Other Information may be de-identified and/or aggregated in a way to remove the personally identifying components. De-identified and/or aggregated information is not and will not be treated as Personal Information and may be used by us and shared with third parties to provide insights into developing or improving products or services, marketing, investment research or for any other legally permissible purposes. These third parties may also use and disclose the de-identified and/or aggregated information for their own business purposes, including to understand consumer shopping behaviors, investment research, market trends and other insights and for any other legally permissible purposes.
How We Use Google Analytics
For analytics, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics may set cookies on your browser or mobile device or read cookies that are already there to collect information. Google Analytics may also receive information about you from apps you have downloaded that partner with Google. Google Analytics collects information such as how often you use our Website and how you use our Website. We use the information provided by Google Analytics to improve our Websites and services. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with personally identifiable information.
Facebook Custom Audience
We may participate in Facebook's Custom Audience programs which enables us to display personalized ads to individuals on our emails lists when they visit Facebook. We share Personal Information with Facebook in order for Facebook to determine whether you are a registered Facebook account holder in connection with this program. You can opt-out of Facebook Custom Audience by sending us an email with your name and email address and we will forward your request to Facebook, which would delete you from all our Facebook Custom Audience ads.
Your Information or the information you provide may be used to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Website or App. By using this functionality, you represent and agree that you have obtained the relevant required consent from that friend to send him/her messages and that we are not the sender or initiator of any such messages nor are you acting as our agent in sending any such messages.
Linking to Third Parties
When you leave this Website and go to another linked site, we are not responsible for the content or availability of the linked site. Please be advised that if you enter into a transaction on the third party site, we do not represent either the third party or you. Further, the privacy and security policies of the linked site may differ from those practiced by us and are not our responsibility. Moreover, we are not responsible for the privacy policies of other organizations, such as Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, or any other organization involved in providing Fetch to you.
What Personal Information can I access, and how do I edit or change my Personal Information?
When you log into your account or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you have provided to us:
- Shopping Lists
- Email Address
- For Digital Receipt Program participants: consumer account and/or email log-in credentials
- User Name
- Date of Birth
- Past Receipts & purchases
- Selected Coupons
You may be able to add, update, or delete information. However, when changes are made we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You can also contact us about questions or requests relating to your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. To protect your privacy, before we give you access or let you update your information, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information. We may reject a request for a number of reasons, including, for example, that the request risks the privacy of other users, requires technical efforts that are disproportionate to the request, is repetitive, or is unlawful. If you are a California resident, please review the Fetch Rewards’ Privacy Notice for California Consumers
Is Personal Information about me secure?
If you choose to register an account with us, it will be protected by a password of your choosing for your privacy and security. It is your obligation to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser and by logging out after you have finished accessing your account.
Other Privacy Topics
How do we treat Do Not Track signals
Certain browsers have a "Do Not Track" feature that allows you to tell websites that you prefer not to have your online activities tracked. We do not currently respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals received from Internet browsers.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Privacy Policies, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may also be contacted at the address below:
Fetch Rewards, Inc.
131 W Wilson St #400
Madison, WI 53703