Fetch is a fast-growing technology company innovating and changing how consumers fulfill their grocery needs.
We are headquartered in the heart of downtown Madison, with offices in Chicago and New York. Fetch currently provides a mobile grocery shopping app,
Fetch Rewards, that allows users to get rewarded every time they scan a receipt from a grocery store. Fetch Rewards is free and available in both the
Android and iOS platforms. The mission of Fetch is to provide easy access to the information and technology necessary for people to enjoy every stage in the life of
food (inspiration, planning, purchasing, preparation, and of course ... eating). Founded in 2013 and growing, Fetch is looking for a
Software Engineer to help us change the grocery shopping experience.
The Software Engineer will focus on building backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data warehouse, mobile platforms, and other systems.
This position doesn't require a vast amount of experience or an extensive list of skills, but rather a highly motivated and technically savvy individual
who is ready to grow in their career and help take Fetch to the next level. Success in this role requires the ability to be handed a challenging problem
and design & develop an appropriate solution with guidance from more senior level engineers.
- Break problems into solvable pieces and translate those solutions into code. We use the best technical solution for the project but have a fond relationship with Java.
- Hands-on architectural design and implementation of highly scalable and reliable services.
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality product by being involved in all areas of the software development life-cycle.
- Drive projects from conceptualization through to successful deployment and on-going support and maintenance.
SKILLS WE BELIEVE YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Proficiency with Java (or other object-oriented language)
- Ability to debug code and understand and describe technical trade offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to a non-development team member.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team, both within and across departments.
- Familiarity with at least one version control system
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine friendly workplace.
SKILLS WE BELIEVE WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience as a software engineer and excellent understanding of service oriented architecture.
- Working with MongoDB and MySQL (or other relational database).
- Developing on an AWS supported stack.
- Experience with test writing and quality assurance.
- We prefer an undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study
We know we're both succeeding when:
- Our project and technical backlog begin shrinking.
- Our systems are stable and supportable, and our technical solutions can keep up with our business strategy.
- You find yourself excited to tell people about what we're building here at Fetch. You wake up truly excited because you know what you do
today will directly impact a young growing company.