SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Our vision is to leverage technology to transform shopping into an engaging, rewarding, and delightful experience. We're
a vibrant team of innovators who have embarked on a journey to reinvent how people shop. Our app gives users rewards for
purchasing participating brands by scanning their receipts after shopping. Fetch has become one of the fastest growing
tech companies in Wisconsin.
Our offices are located in downtown Madison overlooking Lake Monona. We like to celebrate our victories, big and small,
and we've never been accused of taking ourselves too seriously.
As a small and agile team, we pride ourselves on the caliber of our work and the scope of our ambition. We have two
sayings that sum up the ethos of Fetch Rewards: Defeat the Odds! and What's next?
We're committed to working with innovative and passionate people. As a young company, we need team players who can go
above and beyond their individual responsibilities to help the company build towards its vision. If the challenge of
disrupting a stagnant industry with the help of a hard-working and fun-seeking team excites you, then read on!
The Senior Software Engineer will focus on building backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data warehouse, mobile platforms,
and other systems. This will be a key leadership position on our team, tasked with providing guidance and technical direction for our backend services and systems.
Success in this role requires the ability to be handed a challenging problem and design & develop an appropriate solution with little to no assistance.
- Break problems into solvable pieces and translate those solutions into code. We use the best technical solution for the project so be prepared to work across many different languages and databases.
- Hands-on architectural design and implementation of highly scalable and reliable services.
- Ensure delivery of a high-quality product by being involved in all areas of the software development life-cycle.
- Drive projects from conceptualization through to successful deployment and on-going support and maintenance.
SKILLS WE BELIEVE YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer
- Proficiency with Java (or other object-oriented language) and excellent understanding of service oriented architecture.
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs.
- Effective communication, including the ability translate and explain technical issues to a non-development team member.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team, both within and across departments.
- Familiarity with at least one version control system (bonus points for knowing the exact Git commands).
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine friendly workplace.
SKILLS WE BELIEVE WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THIS POSITION:
- Working with MongoDB and MySQL (or other relational database)
- Developing on an AWS supported stack
- Experience with test writing and quality assurance.
- We prefer an undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematical field of study
We know we're both succeeding when:
- Our project and technical backlog begin shrinking.
- Our systems are stable and supportable, and our technical solutions can keep up with our business strategy.
- You are able to see growth and success from the less-experienced developers due to your mentoring and direction.
- You find yourself excited to tell people about what we're building here at Fetch. You wake up truly excited because
you know what you do today will directly impact a young growing company.