Fetch is a fast-growing technology company innovating and changing how consumers fulfill their grocery needs.
We are headquartered in the heart of downtown Madison, with offices in Chicago and New York. Fetch currently provides a mobile grocery shopping app,
Fetch Rewards, that allows users to get rewarded every time they scan a receipt from a grocery store. Fetch Rewards is free and available in both the
Android and iOS platforms. The mission of Fetch is to provide easy access to the information and technology necessary for people to enjoy every stage in the life of
food (inspiration, planning, purchasing, preparation, and of course ... eating). Founded in 2013 and growing, Fetch is looking for a
Data Engineer to help us change the grocery shopping experience.
This Data Engineer position will be a unique opportunity to gain experience with end to end spectrum of Data & Analytics, ranging from:
- Manage and augment the entire data pipeline, from Raw database to relevant structures in Data Warehouse
- Partner with the Client Service teams to help create Analytical Solutions that help our clients get rich insights from our unique data repositories
that include Fetch app usage data, shopper transaction data and other shopper / product dimensions
This person will be a key member of the Analytics team and report to the VP of Analytics.
- Maintain and implement systems that ingest, transform, organize, and expose data insights
- Automate database processes to reduce admin time and human error ensure structures that are relevant for analytics purposes
- Contribute to upgrading/deploying/building of reliable database solutions
- Integrate and clean multiple data sources; backup, restore, recovery, troubleshooting and configuration management
- Integrate security best practices
- Write complex stored procedures and optimize execution efficiency
- Participate in code and design reviews
- Deploy releases to multiple environments and support other teams during releases
- Work closely with application teams and business owners and develop a strong understanding of business logic and processes
- Research and evaluate third-party tools to increase efficiency
SKILLS WE BELIEVE YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Experience with Big Data Platforms like Spark, AWS
- Experience with PostgreSQL / Redshift
- Understanding of database design/architecture and operations
- Expertise in data modeling, query design and optimization, stored procedures
- Experience with a major BI technology set like Tableau, PowerBI etc.
- Experience with very large databases and distributed database environments
- Ability to work with and provide technical leadership to other team members
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change
- Superior conceptual and analytical abilities, identifying opportunities for improvement through analysis and creative thinking
- Experience with Python a plus
- Experience with Java a plus