Technical Project Manager
At Fetch Rewards, we have two sayings that sum up the ethos of our organization launched in 2013:
Defeat the Odds!
Our vision is to leverage technology to transform shopping into an engaging, rewarding, and delightful experience, ultimately propelling the time-worn grocery shopping experience into the 21st century. Our technology platform, based around a free smartphone app, ensures that users have the best shopping experience possible. Headquartered in Madison, WI with offices in Chicago, Denver and New York, we pride ourselves on two things -- the caliber of our work and the scope of our ambition.
- Create and manage the plan for moving technical solutions to final client hand-off (using the appropriate tools, processes, and techniques)
- Facilitate key meetings (kickoff, status, retrospective), track open issues, provide notes and action items from meetings, and monitor progress to ensure projects meet deadlines
- Develop a basic understanding of our applications and systems so you can guide and challenge the tech team appropriately when issues arise
- Assemble and coordinate the internal and external teams to gain consensus on deliverables from each team
- Collaborate with the team to adapt as variables change and escalate to management as needed
SKILLS WE BELIEVE YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION:
- 3-5 years managing software development projects
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent leadership and people skills
- Fire extinguisher (or ability to handle your hair being on fire while maintaining a calm disposition). We operate in a very fast paced, dynamic environment
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine friendly workplace.
SKILLS WE BELIEVE WOULD BE HELPFUL FOR THIS POSITION:
- Software development experience
- Experience with agile software development frameworks
- PMP Certification or other project management training/education
- Experience using the Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
We know we're both succeeding when:
- Projects are being completed on time with a reasonable feature set and low technical debt.
- The project stakeholders and leadership team are completely up to speed on the status of our projects.
- You have strong working relationships with our technical and business teams, as well as third-party vendors
- Our documentation repository is well organized and up-to-date.
- You find yourself excited to tell people about what we're building here at Fetch. You wake up truly excited because you know what you do today will directly impact a young growing company.